Monday, March 3, 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Le Vell insists he does not have a drug habit after cocaine revelations

CORONATION Street star Michael Le Vell last night stormed: “I am not a drug addict.”
michael le vell, coronation street, star, kevin webster, drugs, addiction, claims, court, girlfriend, sex, charges,SHAME: Michael Le Vell said trying cocaine was a 'stupid mistake' 
 
And he said he felt “betrayed” by a former girlfriend who he blames for revelations that he took cocaine just once.
The actor said he was at his lowest ebb as he successfully battled to clear his name in court over sex charges.


Speaking about the cocaine claims, he added: “I am not denying it. When you get caught you have to hold your hands up. But believe me I am not a drug addict or a regular user.
“The incident happened when I was at my lowest ebb last year, a month before the court case.
“Somebody I don’t even know who was hanging around the pub put the stuff in front of me and suggested it might help.

“Stupidly I tried it. It was a stupid mistake. But that episode is all behind me now. My life is now back on track, with a great girl at my side, after two years of stress.’’
He blames bitter former lover Blanca Fouche, 31, for forcing him to divulge his drug shame.

The actor has told pals Chilean-born Blanca was behind the revelations.
It came shortly after he revealed his love for new girlfriend Louise Gibbons, 38.
A source close to Michael said: “He has worked out who must have been behind this and he feels betrayed.”

Blanca, who was unavailable for comment last night, had previously accused Michael of constantly bursting into tears and being prone to mood swings and jealous rages.
Michael, 49, who plays mechanic Kevin Webster in the ITV soap, returns to telly screens in three weeks after two years.

The star said he was given the drug by a pub customer who had been “hanging round”.
The peddler “suggested it might help” as he went through agony awaiting trial on 12 sex charges including rape. He was cleared on all counts last year.
But Le Vell warned: “It was horrible. It certainly did not do anything for me. In fact, it made me feel worse about things.

“I would advise anybody not to even try it.
“Believe me it is not all it is cracked up to be.
“I knew what was coming, and what could I do? I am not denying it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment