Sunday, April 5, 2015

Dog finally finds a family when tear-jerking pic goes viral

A DOG who sat and waited to be adopted for five years finally found a loving home – thanks to Facebook.
 WEEP: Chester with the sign which finally got him adopted 


Chester the pit bull was found as a stray and taken into an animal shelter where he was overlooked for five long years.


Gabby Stroup, the manager of the North Fork Animal Welfare League shelter in Southold, New York State, decided to take a snap of him and post it on Facebook.

Looking forlornly at the camera, Chester sat with a paw draped over a sign which read: "Why doesn’t anybody want me?

"I’ve been waiting 5 years. Everyone at the shelter tells me what a good boy I am. So why has no one adopted me?

"I promised to be good and love my new family. Please maybe you are my new family. I sit and wait for you to come."
OVER THE MOON: Chester with his new family 
 
After a few hours the photo of Chester had been shared over 6,000 times.
As well as enquiries on social media, Gabby said he received over 300 emails and more phone calls than she could count.

"There were more phone calls then I can count; the phone just never stopped. People called from Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Michigan, Oregon, New Jersey Wisconsin, Nova Scotia, Australia and more — people tearing up as they called," she said.
Before long the Dor family went to vista Chester at the shelter.

"They came and met him and it is just a perfect match," Gabby said.
Dad, Adi Dor, said: “We saw him and we felt connected. It was meant to be."
Chester has now moved into his new home where he is already one of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment