WorldStage
Newsonline-- The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on
Tuesday dismissed the latest claim by the Central Bank of Nigeria’s
governor, Sanusi Lamido that it was yet to remit $20 billion into the
Federation account.
Sanusi
earlier on Tuesday told a Senate Committee probing the allegation of
unremitted funds, that the NNPC shipped $67 billion in crude and
remitted only $47 billion into the Federation leaving a shortfall of $20
billion
However,
the Acting Group General Manager Public Affairs of NNPC, Dr. Omar
Farouk Ibrahim in a statement said that Nigerians should not take the
CBN Governor seriously “since this is not the first time he would be
making what he calls a wild allegation.
The NNPC said Mallam Sanusi was confusing the role of NPDC as part of NNPC’s.
‘‘Let me make this point clear that CBN is a banking outfit, not a petroleum outfit,” the statement said.
“It
is therefore understandable why they keep making unsubstantiated
claims, which a little understanding of the technicalities of the oil
industry would have saved them from making.
“The CBN is not an auditing outfit but what it is doing now is auditing.”
NNPC
is still expected to make a presentation before Senate committee which
had adjourned till 10am on Thursday, February 13, 2014.
No comments:
Post a Comment