Thursday, January 30, 2014

DONE DEAL: Newcastle sign striker Luuk de Jong on loan

NEWCASTLE have signed Borussia Monchengladbach striker Luuk de Jong on loan for the remainder of the season.

Newcastle, Alan Pardew, Crystal Palace, Remy Cabella, Luuk De Jong Newcastle have signed Luuk de Jong on loan for the remainder of the season

The Magpies will also have the option to buy the forward in the summer if the switch proves successful.


De Jong will wear the Magpies' no.18 shirt and is eligible to make his debut in Saturday's Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland.

"Newcastle is a great club and I have a good feeling about it," said de Jong on completing his move.
"I am very impressed with the stadium and training ground and have been made to feel very welcome by everyone I have met.

"It has been a tough season for me so far but I am here to play games and want to be important for the team, and successful with goals and assists.
"I am really looking forward to playing for Newcastle."
 
Newcastle United Director of Football, Joe Kinnear said about the deal: "We're delighted to bring Luuk de Jong to the Club.

"He has an excellent pedigree and will add significantly to our striking options.
"We've been watching him for a little while now and I am sure he will prove to be a valuable acquisition for us.

"He's a great character and a proven goalscorer who I know is very keen to replicate the prolific form he showed for FC Twente in the Eredivisie."

No comments:

Post a Comment